THE BEAUTY OF STAINED GLASS

I managed to grab some timeout this week and visited some good friends of mine in Dorset.It was lovely to get a chance to stroll along one of my favourite beaches,Sandbanks.

En route home I dropped in on the village where I grew up and took a peak inside the medieval church that peals out a chime every fifteen minutes. There was a time when vandalism had meant that the church was always locked outside of service times.Luckily today it was open.

I took some time to drink in the innate beauty of the stained glass windows and thought about how every British town and village has its very own collection of outstanding artwork in the form of stained glass.

I would suggest you take an opportunity to step away from the madness and chaos of the modern world and spend a little time contemplating the wonderful artwork at the very core of your community. I came away much the richer for the experience and uplifted by the amazing quality of the work I had just seen.

The History of Stained Glass
Contemporary Stained Glass

No comments: